July 23, 2010 8:45:27 AM PDT
I am totally setting myself up here, but the midwife says that the very strong feeling of movement I'm experiencing in my belly could mean one of three things:
1. I'm further along than I thought. (Impossible. I had a dry spell before the sex that made this baby.)
2. I'm having twins. (Scary but true.)
3. I am very sensitive because I'm so skinny and have had two children already, and my baby is extremely active.
So, obsessing as one occasionally does when they're a pregnant single mother (lol), I looked up info on what would increase my chances of being pregnant with twins. In my case, there are quite a few.
1. Being between the ages of 35 and 40 will increase my chances of releasing two eggs.
2. Having had two or more pregnancies in the past will increase my chances.
3. Having gotten pregnant within the first year of going off depo provera increases my chances.
Things that make me suspect that I may indeed be pregnant with twins.
1. I'm feeling movement on two sides. And some movement is so strong that I can feel it on the outside. (I'm only 14 weeks)
2. My "morning sickness" was HORRIBLE. Way worse than with either of my other children.
3. My boobs grew much faster this time and are bigger now than they were this early in my other pregnancies.
4. I'm am WAY WAY WAY more tired with this pregnancy than I was with the others (but I *am* 36 afterall)
5. Early on I had this weird worry that I might be having twins that I never had with either of my other two. (intuition perhaps?)
Anyhow, there is still clearly a chance that I am NOT pregnant with twins and all of this is coincidental. But I was wondering if any of you other girls know much about this kind of thing. Had twins or know someone who did?
I am not going to react until I know for sure. I don't know whether I will get excited or terrified or both to find out I am. I am not allowing myself to entertain it completely. But wondering about it sure is fun! :)
And feeling the baby(s) move is so amazing. I find myself absorbed in just enjoying the feeling sometimes. A great excuse to lie down occasionally throughout the day. XOXOX