February 21, 2010 3:41:01 AM PST
Okay, I need help! I can't believe the awards are coming so soon and I've been so busy in my personal life that I haven't been able to give them the attention they deserve. If you are interested in joining the tnt awards committee, it is listed under "groups."
Most urgently, I need physical addresses of the winners so I can send them their invitations, tickets, sponsorship requests, etc. Anyone who volunteers for the awards gets in free. This saves you a minimum of $50. You will also be able to attend the after party. ALSO, if I am able to get enough sponsorship for this year's event to cover the primary costs AND pay volunteers, you will hopefully get some financial remuneration for your efforts. Those who volunteer now will have priority for the paid jobs next year and following years as the event grows and attracts larger sponsors. XO
Volunteer activities needed now (as of February 21):
- Hoping a few of you can split up the list and find addresses for the businesses that won awards. Prefer an entertainer to contact the other entertainers and ask for their contact info as well. I think next year I'm going to require the nominator to provide the nominees addresses in the nomination process to save this step! LOL
- Someone to collect short scenes from the winning films.
- Someone interested in arranging video interviews with winners and nominees. This needs to be discussed with me further for more information. But I want to have a bunch of video clips of winners and nominees that can be shown during the ceremony.
- Someone to create a video montage with the collected videos of winners to a song I have in mind.
- Someone to research catering costs and options.
These are just for now. Later I will be asking people to take on specific jobs for during the event like coordinating security, hostessing, working the ticket booth, ushers, and lighting/sound/technical coordinator.
If anyone is interested in taking on an event assistant role for the awards, let me know.